What is Dental Floss?
The floss used for cleaning the teeth is usually made from nylon or cotton fibres. The fibres used in dental floss are very thin, are also linked to each other to form stretchable strings. These fibres are usually available in different flavours like strawberry, peppermint, cinnamon and so on. There are different types of floss for various conditions.
Dental Floss for Those with Dental Implants
The types of floss recommended for those who have undergone dental implants are:
- Wax coated floss – This kind of floss can be much thicker than floss that is not coated with wax.
- Unwaxed floss – More affordable than wax coated floss, this type of floss can easily stick to the implants, and it usually breaks very easily.
- Teflon-coated floss – This kind of floss slides more easily between prosthetic teeth and natural teeth.
- Floss with fluoride – Fluoride protects the teeth’s enamel. Also, it prevents formation of acid in the mouth.
- Chlorhexidine soaked floss – This type of floss prevent bacteria and germs from forming inside the mouth.