How Much Time Does It Take To Get Recovered?
It totally depends on a number of factors such as the sensitivity of the patient, the age of the patient, the surgery that has been carried out and others regarding the recovery time. If a single tooth has been implanted, then it may take a maximum of 7-10 days to get recovered. After a period of 10 days, you can easily carry on with your normal day to day lifestyle.
In case if there are implants of more than 2 missing teeth or there has been the case of grafting a tissue or a bone, then the recovery time may be more. For cases where grafting is done, it may take a time of about 6 weeks or so to get recovered.
Important Things To Take Care Of
Both in the case of a normal implant as well as an implant including grafting, there are some of the important things that you need to take care of during the recovery period. If you are going to the best surgeon for dental implants Sydney, then, of course, you will be guided with the right suggestions.
- Generally, soft food and liquid are advised during the recovery days so that no strain is obtained on the tooth implant.
- You also make sure to brush your teeth gently so that you do not hurt the implant. But at the same time, you also need to take care of the hygiene of your dental so that there are no infections erupting in the implanted area.
- The dentist may also advise some special diet that can help in the fast healing of the injury.
- Improper lifestyle such as smoking and alcohol has to be avoided for these recovery days in order to allow the injury to heal properly.
- Of course, there are medicines prescribed by the dentist that you need to take regularly.
After the recovery time of 7-10 days, you can get back to your general lifestyle. In the case of patients going for grafting, the recovery time is somewhat 6 weeks or so.
General Discomfort That You May Feel
Though dental implants are not that painful, during the recovery days, if proper care is not taken, then you may face a number of issues. When you have invested so much in tooth implants Sydney, it is needed that you take care of yourself to avoid issues like pain, sensitiveness, swelling of bruises.
A dental implant is mainly a small surgery, and hence it needs time to get recovered. It is important to listen to the dentist and carry out the important guidelines to get recovered soon and have a lasting positive effect of the implants.