Apart from aesthetics, dental implants make it easier to speak and eat as it is secured into the jaw with titanium posts. Patients don’t have to worry about the implants coming loose when they speak and eat like dentures. Dental implants just improve the quality of life of a person. You need to learn about the pros and cons of each teeth replacement option so that you make the informed decision that suits your lifestyle and preferences.
- The lifespan of dental implants is influenced by various factors, including:-
- How well you maintain them that include, brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist for check-up.
- Not chewing on hard items like pencils, pen, and not opening a package with the teeth.
- How the implants are placed by your dentist. The dentist who is specialised in cheap dental implants knows how to evaluate the progress of osseointegration and whether your jawbone absorbs the implants.
- Your lifestyle, smoking and alcohol, and overall health
Since dental implants are artificial tooth, it doesn’t mean it should not be cared for. Equal importance should be given to the dental implants. Of course, dental implants are not susceptible to tooth decay, but the surrounding tissues are vulnerable to gum disease. That is why it needs to be taken care of like you do for your natural teeth.
Causes of dental implants failure
Although dental implants have a 98% success rate, it can fail if not properly cared for. The overwhelming majority of dental implants are successful. But, here are the causes of dental implant failure:-
Poor dental hygiene
You’ll need healthy gums to support your dental implants. By brushing and flossing regularly, you can ensure that your oral health is in optimal condition thereby eliminating the risk of dental diseases.
Smoking can negatively impact both your oral and overall health. The dental implants cost Sydney is a significant investment and if you want to protect it, quit smoking. Chemicals in the cigars hinder the healing process and delay the process after implant surgery. Even after the implantation is successful, smoking can cause inflammation, infections that ultimately lead to implant failure.
Ignoring dental check-ups
Regular dental visits help to track down the healing process and detect oral issues earlier. Periodic check-ups are recommended every six months.
So, your dental implants can last forever if you care for them well!