Dental implants can last forever, but only if it is properly maintained. In order to ensure dental implants longevity, it is necessary to keep them clean and free of destructive bacteria and plaque that can cause infection in the tissues around the implant and leads to failure. Peri implantitis is the major cause of the failure of dental implants that occurs due to the inflammation around the soft and hard tissues surrounding around dental implants.
Here is how to take care of your implants at home:-
Oral hygiene tips
- One of the simplest ways to avoid inflammation and peri-implantitis is by following these guidelines:
- Brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush twice a day and if possible, after every meal.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to remove the plaque from your teeth.
- Brush and floss gently.
- Use a low-abrasive tooth paste that is made for tartar control.
- Rinse your mouth with antimicrobial mouthwash to reduce oral plaque.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Avoid sugary foods and carbonated drinks.
- Add more vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Professional dental check-up
The dental implant price in Sydney is affordable, and it is highly recommended to see your dentist every six months for a check-up and professional cleaning. During this visit, the dentist will evaluate for plaque, inflammation, as well as the stability of the implant’s abutment. Regular dental check-ups help to ensure the bones, gums, and teeth are healthy with no signs of infection and inflammation that leads to implant failure. Also, it helps to find out dental problems at early and treat them immediately before it worsens.
Professional cleanings help to remove plaque which is the major cause of gum disease. If calculus has formed around the implant, scaling is necessary. Scaling is a type of deep cleaning using a Teflon instrument.
Many suffer from tooth loss even with modern improvements in dental care. Now with the advent of dental implants there is no longer need for bridges and dentures. Even if you have lost all your teeth, you can replace it with all-on-4 dental implant technique. If you are concerned about dental implants all on 4 cost, you need to opt for dental implants Sydney payment plan that helps you to avail the treatment with less or no interest. Keep in mind that even though implants are artificial, it doesn’t mean it requires less care.