In order to get the most of the procedure, patients are advised to follow the dental implants recovery tips more carefully. They are given here,
- You can expect swelling, bleeding and bleeding in the first few days after the installation of the implants. There is nothing to worry about these side-effects and they would eventually recede on their own. Still, you can do certain things to cut back the extent of the effects. If you are bleeding continuously, use wet tea bags as they contain tannic acid that could fasten the process of blood clotting. Keep an ice pack over the area of the surgical spot to help with the swelling and bruising.
- You need to allow the gum and bone tissues surrounding the implant to heal so that they can fuse well with the implants. So, avoid any movement that could tug or shove the implants. Follow a soft-food diet during the first week of your recovery time and then slowly include more food varieties. But be careful and avoid bringing any stress to the implants so that you can make a speedy recovery.
- If there is any development of infection or disease around the implants, implant failure might occur. So be more attentive when you are brushing your teeth. Your teeth and gums needs to stay healthy for a successful teeth restoration. You can also use mouthwash to maintain your oral health. In the absence of the mouthwash, add salt to a warm cup of water and use them after having your meals.
- Smoking habits and tobacco is not good for healing and can increase the chances of gingivitis. So, stay away from them during your recovery period.
- Alcohol intake can also affect the healing process and interact negatively with the prescribed post-care medications.
- If you take part in any strenuous activities during the initial days of your recovery, it could result in increased bleeding or other complications. So get some rest and let your body to heal for the first few days.
- Also, contact your dentist immediately if there is any sign of infection or any other issues so that he/she can treat you appropriately as soon as possible.