- Dental implants require a minor surgical procedure to be fitted in the gums. If you suffer from chronic cardiac disease, diabetes, or any such conditions, you must inform the dentist so that proper care can be taken to ensure a complication-free surgical procedure. Many appointments may be required to provide the final restorative outcome.
- Implants are more expensive than other forms of tooth replacement. But dental insurance doesn’t normally cover dental implants cost. Sydney residents must consult their oral surgeon and insurance provider to know what kind of insurance covers implants depending on the cause of tooth loss.
- Due to lack of shock-absorbers within dental implants, fractures of crowns and bridges are more common than in the case of natural teeth crowns.
- Patients must know that implants are not for life and will require maintenance, as in the case of natural teeth. Failing proper care or if placed in patients with untreated gum problems, implants can suffer from gum disease.
- DENTAL IMPLANT COST
- All Teeth on 4 Dental Implants
- Dental Implant Overseas Thailand
- Bone Graft Dental Implant
- MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS Key Hole Surgery
- Implant Dentures
- Dental Implants Sydney
- Dental Implant Questions
Dental Implants Articles
- Tooth Implant Cost Dental Option
- Dental Implant Price
- Dental Implant in Melbourne
- Dental Implant payment plans
- How much does dental implants cost and will it be expensive?
- Dental Implant Advantages
- Healthy teeth and dental implants cost
- Dental Implants and tooth replacements
- Dental implants estimate price
- Dental Implant Aid
- Multiple Dental Implants
- Immediate Implant
- Dental Implants Thailand
- Dental Implant Cost
- Dental Implants Photos
- Dental Implant Locations
- DENTAL IMPLANTS MELBOURNE
- Wisdom Teeth Sydney
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Emergency 24 Hour Dentist
- Dental Practice Accreditation
- SLA and SA Implant Surfaces
- All About Dental Implants
Dental implants can be very beneficial for people who have acute tooth or gum problems and may need extraction very frequently. However, before considering dental implants, Sydney residents must know that they have both benefits and drawbacks. Some of the major drawbacks of dental implants are:
Dental implant is the newer and more effective way of treating tooth, unlike earlier, when the only teeth replacement options were dentures and bridges. Since dental implants require a complex surgical procedure, people often have questions regarding implants and their safety. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about dental implants.
The success rate of dental implants depends on a number of factors, like the condition of the jawbone and gums, where in the jaw the implant is placed, and general medical health of the patient. In most cases, implants have a success rate of 98% and upon proper care, implants can last forever without needing to be changed.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Anyone healthy enough to undergo dental extraction and surgery can get implants. However, a special treatment plan has to be devised for people with chronic diseases like diabetes or cardiac problems.
Cost of Implants
To know accurate dental implants cost, Sydney residents need to consult a dental clinic who can give an estimate based on the patient’s condition. Usually, implants are more expensive than other tooth replacement options and are not covered by dental insurance. Medical insurance may cover it sometimes depending on the cause or tooth loss.
Is it Painful?
The surgical procedure is very mildly painful and the numbness/soreness after the surgery is usually treated with pain-killers.
Caring for Implants
Implants need to be cared for like natural teeth. Following a good oral care regime is a must in order to maintain the implants.
Other than risks, proper care, and affordable dental implants, Sydney residents must also know what the process is before undergoing the surgery.
Dental implant surgery is a life changing process that takes weeks or months to heal. For dental implants, Sydney has several reputed hospitals and clinics that offer quality treatment at an affordable cost. But since the surgery is often complex and requires careful planning, here are a few tips to prepare well.
Dental implants require one or more surgical processes, for which thorough evaluation is needed.
Dental exam: This is where a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth, gums and jawbone is done. Since the implant replicates your natural teeth in terms of shape, size, colour and bite, a model of your teeth will be made based on which the implant will take shape.
Treatment Plan: This individualised treatment plan takes into account your medical history, the condition of your teeth, gums, and jawbone, and how many teeth you need replaced. This plan is usually tailored to suit your specific needs and involves a variety of dental specialists, including an oral surgeon and a Periodontist.
Precautions: Do tell your doctor about any existing medical condition that you have or if you are on prescription medications. Certain conditions like cardiac problems or orthopaedic implants may require you to take antibiotics before surgery to prevent infection.
In Sydney, dental implants can be done with minimal pain. Local or general anaesthesia or sedation are usually used for numbing the pain. You will receive instructions on eating and drinking. Make sure you have someone to take you home after the surgery since you might be in pain and discomfort.
In simple words, dental implants are replacement tooth roots that have the ability to graft itself into the gum and act as natural teeth. These Implants are made to match your natural teeth. Before getting dental implants, Sydney residents must be aware of the procedure and what it involves, so that they can better prepare for the extraction and surgery.
It must be noted here that dental implants don’t follow a general treatment plan. Since every patient has individual needs and specific issues that need to be addressed, the first step in dental implant process is the development of an individualised treatment plan. The plan is prepared by a team of professionals who have specialised training and experience in oral surgery and periodontology. Only a team of experienced professionals can prepare a treatment plan best suited to you.
The root implant is a small post made of titanium which is placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. As the jawbone heals, it grows around the implanted metal post, anchoring it securely in the jaw. This healing and anchoring process can take anything from six to 12 weeks.
After the implant grafts itself into the jawbone, a small connector post called an abutment is attached to it to securely hold the new tooth. The new tooth or teeth is impersonates your real tooth and bite. A crown, which is a replacement tooth, is then attached to the abutment.
With cheap dental implants, Sydney residents can have the look, feel and function of their natural teeth. An implant specialist must be consulted for a suitable treatment plan.
Dr Paulo Pinho is the director of Wisdom Teeth Professionals and works in collaboration with oral surgeons and dentist to provide safe and low Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost.